Job Title: Assistant Head Coach
Reports To: Head Coach
Type of Position: Part time, hourly, staff position
- 3+ years experience coaching & instructing climbing with youth and adults.
- CPR/First Aid certifications (WFR when relevant)
- Extensive experience in all relevant facets of rock climbing (indoor, outdoor, bouldering, sport, traditional).
- Ability to breakdown, teach, and critique climbing technique to climbers of all abilities.
- Extensive experience in risk management (rock climbing, transportation, camping, sensitivity with minors, etc)
- Strong communication skills: interpersonal, public relations, conflict resolution
- Must be friendly and people oriented, able to connect with clients
- Strong decision making skills: critical thinking, adaptability.
- Ability and willingness to commit to a minimum of 2 years as Assistant Head Coach.
Goals & Objectives:
- Support Head Coach in making sure The Spot coaching department and Teams are of the highest caliber.
- Be able to create daily work-outs, oversee other coaches, handle time sensitive issues during Head Coaches absence or when needed.
- In charge of ordering, inventory, distribution of all Team apparel and gear.
- Help develop protocols & manage staff to Provide for the safest possible experience for the program participants.
- Be a role model for all coaches and program participants at all times.
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.